Saturday, May 31, 2014

2013 End Of The Year Awards- Best Comedy Film- The Wolf Of Wall Street


If you follow my blog regularly, you know all about my love for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, and a while ago, I picked Anchorman 2 as the best comedy in 2013....but that happened before I had the chance to watch The Wolf Of Wall Street in theaters.

To say The Wolf Of Street blew me away is an understatement. The two hours and fifty-nine minutes runtime feels like a breeze during the extravagant bonanza. Stop and think about it for a second. A film that runs nearly three hours maintains consistent laughs with a wild and rowdy tone. I never had any "oh man, when is this going to end!" feelings of exasperation. Not once. The Wolf Of Wall Street pulls you into an obscene world full of corruption, greed, drugs, backstabbing, and sleazy debauchery, and I couldn't pull my eyes away from the screen.

The cast is top notch (Rob Reiner is hilarious during his sporadic appearances), with DiCaprio (you'll win the gold someday, Leo) and Jonah Hill earning their Oscar nominations. Legendary director Martin Scorsese steps outside of any comfort zones to take a real risk here. Scorsese takes a risky chance with TWOWS, and the end result was a triumphant success. If I had to rank TWOWS on the list of DiCaprio/Scorsese collaborations, I'll say it deserves a spot in the top three with Gangs Of New York and The Aviator. That's not bad at all.

Scorsese and DiCaprio are in top form as one of the most successful actor/director duos here, delivering another multi-Oscar nominated film together, and The Wolf Of Wall Street is pure black comedy gold. I'm telling you now, if you haven't seen this one, you're missing something special.

My ebooks are only $0.99, and you can follow the links to learn more about both books-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFLI6VK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFMYZ0U


Remember Amazon offers free Kindle App downloads for various platforms. Follow this link to find out more- http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

And don't forget to follow me on Twitter here- https://twitter.com/LQuigleyFan1


No comments:

Post a Comment