Wednesday, May 14, 2014

2013 End Of The Year Awards- Best Breakout Performance From A Rising Star- Jane Levy- Evil Dead


**This post contains spoilers**

That's right. It's time for End Of The Year Awards! I had plans to start this back in February, but I ran into some time consuming hurdles in real life, and more recently, I promised myself I would stay on course for finishing the American Horror Story: Murder House review series before moving on to new projects on here.

It's my first go around with this awards series, so I'm still working out the kinks, and I'm adding new categories every day on my brainstorming notepad. Also, it's no secret I'm a BIG fan of all things horror, but I'll save my 2013 horror rankings/awards (top ten best, top ten overrated, top ten underrated, etc.) for Horror Month in October.

The categories are self-explanatory, but I'll give a little background info for my first award. The Best Breakout Performance From A Rising Star award goes to young actresses and actors (Chloe Grace Moretz, Rooney Mara, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, etc.), who are on the verge of promising careers to shine in the spotlight as major stars in Hollywood. With that said, let's talk about the first winner, Jane Levy!

I caught my first glimpse of Jane Levy as April in Fun Size. In Fun Size, April is the chatty teenager, who's obsessed with her popularity rankings in high school. April is a funny and lighthearted character, but Levy takes a darker turn with Mia in Evil Dead 2013.

Mentally and emotionally, Mia (Levy) is fragile and shaken, as a recovering heroin addict, and Mia struggles during a tough recovery mission in an isolated cabin in the woods. But Mia runs into a bigger problem, when Eric accidentally unleashes a hellacious evil power from the Book Of The Dead.

Jane Levy's remarkable ability to switch gears throughout Evil Dead 2013 is something to admire. At first, Levy is this struggling addict, who's trying to fight her addiction. After the possession in the woods, Levy shows another side, as this petrified ("You. Have. To. Get. Me. Out of here") and fidgety victim. During the fiasco in the cabin, Levy unleashes a darker and more vicious side, as the demonic possession consumes Mia.

Mia's character is loaded with layers, and Jane Levy nails each one. She's a broken woman, who's looking for a second chance, an unstable addict, a nasty hellcat, a deceptive attacker (remember the scene, where Mia lures Natalie into cellar for a bloody kiss?), and towards the end, Levy shows us a remorseful, resilient, and frightened Mia after Eric's sacrifice.

Evil Dead 2013 is worth the time for Jane Levy's versatile performance, and you're missing something special, if you haven't seen it. It'll take some time, but Levy's on the right track now, and she's a surefire candidate for a future spot in the Oscar nominations. 

My ebooks are only $0.99, and you can follow the links to learn more about both books-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFLI6VK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFMYZ0U


Remember Amazon offers free Kindle App downloads for various platforms. Follow this link to find out more- http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

And don't forget to follow me on Twitter here- https://twitter.com/LQuigleyFan1
   

     



   

No comments:

Post a Comment