Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sucker Punch (2011)


What the fuck Zack Snyder? Seriously, what were you trying to accomplish here?!?! I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I think a film like Sucker Punch would’ve been better suited for Michael Bay. Think about it, hot women wearing skimpy clothes, flashy action scenes, and explosions. Sucker Punch would've been a perfect fit for Bay.

Anyway, this was a real disappointment for me. The story was pretty messy. I understand Babydoll (Emily Browning) had to use her imagination to help her “escape” from the evil clutches of the insane asylum, but all of the fantasy adventures here were sooooo over the top and ridiculous. The girls have to fight off entire armies, gigantic samurais, and an overweight cook. I know Babydoll is imaging all of this stuff, but everything just goes way over the top, and I hard time buying into a lot of the fantasy battles in this film.

As far as the story goes, Sucker Punch tried to be clever, but I couldn’t get into it. Sucker Punch wants to be this explosive action film, with a unique story, but it fails miserably. Also, the ending was a big disappointment. It just felt so underwhelming.

The acting is pretty mediocre, but Sucker Punch is loaded with some cool special effects, and the cinematography is mesmerizing. Still,I can't give Sucker Punch a positive rating. If you just want to see a bunch of hot and young women who wear revealing clothing shot guns and destroy everything in their path, as they go on a wild and crazy adventure, you'll probably enjoy this film, but I never want to watch Sucker Punch again.

Fianl Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment