Wednesday, December 26, 2012

D.E.B.S (2004)



D.E.B.S is supposed to be a campy film, but this one just didn’t do it for me. The D.E.B.S are supposed to be this fierce and tough fighting force, but I just saw a group of young and goofy women. I know, I know, that’s supposed to be “the joke” but I just couldn‘t get into it.

Megan Good is supposed to be the tough girl of the group, but I had hard time buying her character. Sara Foster is supposed to be the crown jewel of the D.E.B.S(the all female fighting force) but I could never buy into her character. She was supposed to be the best of the best, but she just comes off as this ditzy and clumsy person. Also, she wasn’t a good choice for the lead role in this film, because there were times were here acting was REALLY bad, and she isn‘t the most attractive female lead.

There are a few laughs here and there, but D.E.B.S fails to deliver. Foster’s character begins to fall in love with Lucy Diamond, and throughout the film, she struggles with her decision to do the right thing. Foster was trying to find herself, but her struggle is very uninteresting, and I could tell how this one was going to end. They try to throw some twists at you, but I always knew Foster’s character would follow her heart. 

Jordana Brewster is gorgeous here, and I enjoyed her as the “super villain” Lucy Diamond. In fact, Brewster’s character was the only one who I could get into when I was watching this, because she did have some nice comedy moments. This film does have a nice set of attractive women, but D.E.B.S was a real disappointment for me. If you just want to see a bunch of attractive women(minus Foster, because I thought she was borderline hideous) who wear skimpy schoolgirl outfits act out a bunch of shitty action scenes, then you might enjoy this.

Final Rating: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment