Wednesday, June 4, 2014

2013 End Of The Year Awards- Worst Film- Movie 43



"Hey. Here's an idea. Let's put a bunch of noteworthy actors and actresses, including two former Oscar winners (Kate Winslet and Halle Berry), in a sketch comedy anthology film together, so they can humiliate themselves for an hour and thirty-seven minutes. It'll be great!"

Well, there's one big problem with this thought process: the novelty of name actors and actresses humiliating themselves doesn't last long. To paint a clearer picture, the novelty wears off in the first fifteen to twenty minutes of the movie.

I'm not going to stand up on a soapbox for a morality, because if you follow my blog, you'll know I'm a big fan of some nasty and violent horror movies. With that said, Movie 43 features one of the worst cases of overkill I've ever seen.When you constantly go out of your way to shove gross-out gags and profane comedy down the audience's throats, the gags and the jokes quickly lose their intended shock value.

Need some examples? Vanessa (Anna Faris) wants her husband Jason (Chris Pratt) to defecate on her, and Jason loads up on Mexican food to prepare for the big night. Robert (Liev Schreiber) and Samantha (Naomi Watts) constantly humiliate and haze their home schooled son, Kevin (Jeremy Allen White), and one of the pranks involves tying Jeremy to a pole outside, and they use feces to write on his torso. And the short featuring Hugh Jackman's Davis? Oy vey. There's a scrotum attached  to Davis' chin, and for some reason, Kate Winslet (Jackman's date) is the only person, who notices or is bothered by Jackman's abnormal condition.

Movie 43 is unfunny and tedious. That's bad enough, but that's not the most frustrating problem with 2013's biggest turkey. The directors and writers completely wasted different sets of actors and actress with lame humor, dull jokes, and mind-numbing stupidity. Sorry, but it's unacceptable, and I can't look the other way, when you waste an overall cast that's LOADED with talent.

There's a reason why I chose the picture with Richard Gere for this post. Gere's body language and facial expressions during the iBabe short capture my "what am I watching????" feelings for this abomination during my trip to the theater. Honestly, I had high hopes for Movie 43, but Movie 43 earned a spot on my list of bad theater experiences, because it's a chore to sit through, and I couldn't shake the felling of someone cheating me out of $10.00.

My ebooks are only $0.99, and you can follow the links to learn more about both books-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFLI6VK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EFMYZ0U


Remember Amazon offers free Kindle App downloads for various platforms. Follow this link to find out more- http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

And don't forget to follow me on Twitter here- https://twitter.com/LQuigleyFan1

No comments:

Post a Comment